Tuesday 20 January 2015

Day 19 and 20

Day 19 – Mrs. Moody
Man am I ever moody today! I was moody yesterday also. I don’t think it’s food related though. I think it’s just life. A general fatigue. I’m struggling with giving up everything and going back to my “comfort foods”. I guess this is the psychological part of the challenge. When I’m feeling stressed and upset the way I am now, I turn to junk food. Now I can’t. I have to face the feelings. Ugh!!

I’m feeling emotionally drained.

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with green onions, “baked” apple with almond butter, a black coffee.

Lunch: Spaghetti sauce, a pear, and a handful of roasted pistachios

Supper: roasted chicken, potatoes, and sauerkraut.


Day 20 – Really?! Two thirds done!

I can’t believe I’ve stuck to the Whole 30 for this long. Looks like I’ll be able to succeed… There’s no way I’m giving up now after having come this far!

I’m feeling a little better today, not as emotional. I’m letting go of the things that got me so emotional in the first place. At least, for now.

My mom took care of supper last night, which was nice. So as it was cooking, I went to take a long shower. Afterwards, I got into my pjs and put on some White Musk Body Shop perfume oil. I used to wear it in my late teens/early twenties. The old familiar smell made me feel good. I might just do the same tonight. The comfort of familiarity. I think I need to get more of that. My life has changed soooo much over the years, and especially in the past two years!

So far, the biggest effect the Whole 30 is having on me is psychological. And I’m very happy about that! I used to turn to food for comfort. And it is so evident to me now going through this. But now that I can’t, I have to find other ways to cope. So smells and other things it is! ;)

I have a date Thursday evening with a new guy. I’m not expecting anything at all to come from it. I’m only hoping for a nice evening of chitchatting. It should help me get over the whole Mr. D thing. I’m starting to let that go also. Mr. D was a guy I dated for a month around the holidays. I really liked this guy. And he seemed to really like me. But it looks like he may have been less than honest. So unfortunately, I have to let go of the guy I thought he was. 

I was going to take January off from dating and just focus on getting through the Whole 30. I definitely needed to do that at the beginning. But I’m starting to feel more comfortable with the process, so I’ve opened myself up again to dating.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, a banana, a handful of pistachios, and a black coffee.

Lunch: Chicken and kale soup, roast chicken, and a mango.

Supper: Sirloin steak, roasted vegetables, olives, and strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment