Friday 2 January 2015

Day 2 – Unprepared and disappointed

Today I felt unprepared and I was disappointed with food, and other personal stuff. But here, I concentrate more on the food.

I had a decent breakfast. Pretty much the same as yesterday, but without the potatoes, and I had a couple of clementines instead of the strawberries.

For lunch today, I had brought last night’s left overs. I didn’t eat it. I was actually dreading it. I kept fantasizing about steak instead of the Asian beef and broccoli I had brought. So what did I do? I didn’t eat it. I tried to go out and see if there was anything Whole 30 compliant at the little food place in the building… well… considering it wasn’t a very busy day (most people took the day off), they didn’t have their usual fare out. So I grabbed a little bag of cashews and an apple, and I ate the olives I brought in my lunch.

Yeah, I think I’m going to get back to basics that I know I like, at least for a little while. And maybe experiment over weekends with new recipes. The rest of the time, I will stick with what I know.

During this little food hunt, I came to the realization that it will be very difficult to succeed on this program unless I prepare… Duh!

This weekend, I’ll make a big batch of spaghetti sauce. I know I like that. Eating it as is or over zoodles will be a sure hit with me. Besides that, I’ll stick to regular uncomplicated food like chicken, steak, pork chops. You know, grill and serve type stuff.

I finally took my measurements, weight and photos last night. I’ve decided not to share them right now. I’m not ready for people to know my stats. I’ll obviously report on any difference at the end of the program, but until then, my stats will remain my secret. Let’s just say that I have much weight and inches to get rid of!

I had a terrible headache this morning that actually started yesterday afternoon. I think part of it had to do with caffeine withdrawal. But a kind co-worker let me use some of her nut milk, so I went to get a coffee (which I normally take with milk and 3 sugar packets.. I know… ) and just had it with the nut milk. Well, it wasn’t as enjoyable as with sugar, but I felt like it still hit the spot. Hopefully, I’ll be getting over the sugar dragon soon.

You know, I’m used to giving in to my whims and desires. Being disciplined is difficult for me. Big time! But I feel like I really MUST see this through! I need to prove to myself that I’m a capable adult who loves and cares about herself enough to be uncomfortable for a while. Even if there’s a “trantrum-ing” toddler inside yelling and throwing a fit on the ground to have the food it can’t have, even if it doesn’t really want it. You can’t tell me what to do! Oh yes I can, me! I am the boss of you, me! And I’m doing this for your own good, me! (sorry you had to witness that. I can be so misbehaved sometimes! Hehe)

Tonight I wasn't going risk it. Skillet chicken thighs and roasted vegetables. Well, I was disappointed. The chicken thighs were very fatty. Unpleasant. Ugh!

I almost bought candy. Almost bough pop. More of a mindless type of attraction to the food though. I'm unhappy and stressed. So maybe that's it.

Anyway, although I already want to give up, I really have to see this through. If for nothing else than to show myself some love!

Well, that’s it for this post. Hopefully I’ll have a calmer tastier tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment